MEAGAN'S DEVILISHLY DELICIOUS
PEANUT BUTTER CAKE
From Demon Inside by Stacia Kane
Stir together flour and brown sugar. Use a pastry blender to cut in the peanut butter and butter until mixture is damp and sticky, like wet breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar (if you can get dark muscovado sugar that's best; Megan gets hers at a gourmet grocery store)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoon butter or margarine (butter works better)
In a large bowl, mix the cake ingredients. Beat these with mixer on high speed for three minutes, scraping bowl frequently.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar (again, muscovado by preference)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt plus another pinch or two
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs (WELL beaten. This is a fairly stodgy cake; you want to introduce a lot of air into the eggs to get it to really rise.)
- 2 tablespoons or so white sugar
Grease a 13 inch X 9 inch X 2 inch baking pan. Pour mixture into it. Sprinkle topping mix over the top.
Bake at 375 degrees for about thirty minutes; test with toothpick to see if done.
Don't panic if it smells a little burned. It's the sugar topping.
This cake is much better the second day. It's good the first but excellent
after it's had a chance to sit (covered, of course) at least 24 hours.
...and don't miss the recipe for
Megan's Demon-Pleasing Meat Pies
from Personal Demons!
[ Information on Demon Inside ]
Copyright © 2009, Stacia Kane. All Rights